Senior Geoscience Data Analyst - VR/21800
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Geoscience Data Analyst on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract will initially last until the end of November 2020, however, it is a core position with the company, therefore, the contract may well be extended.
The Senior Geoscience Data Analyst will support Geoscience Team members in the management of subsurface data and information, database administration and interpretation applications support. There will also be a particular focus on supporting well data management workflows.
Reporting to the Geoscience Data Management Lead, the Senior Geoscience Data Analyst will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing, on a daily basis, geosciences data (interpretation studies, reference data bases), including loading, organising, QC, editing, formatting, cleaning, repository transfer and managing access rights.
- Applying and respecting UK national regulatory requirements, company policies, procedures, standards and rules to ensure data flow quality and adherence to deadlines.
- Liaising with support teams in HQ office, in order to ensure corporate reference data systems are populated with key geoscience data.
- Performing searches and provide, or produce, inventories of the relevant geoscience information and data / knowledge.
- Organising the quality control operations, in both reference and interpretation study databases, by using scripts and DQM tools.
- Providing data management application companionship to both Geoscientists and internal team, and coordinating hands-on training and workshop operations for users.
- Conducting geoscience data management projects, or complex data management operations, including service improvements and the implementation of new digital ways of working.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Geoscience discipline, or another data management discipline, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Geoscience Data Analyst type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- A strong knowledge of well data types (well header, well logs, checkshots, deviation, etc.) is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of data management (including data transfer, loading, data QC, unit conversions, project creation, database migration, data lifecycle from raw to archive, data governance) is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with data management workflows for geoscience software, such as Petrel, OpenSpirit, Studio, OpenWorks, Recall, Techlog, Geolog and Sismage.
- Experience of working with other geoscience data types, including seismic and reservoir, is preferred.
- Experience with data manipulation (pre-processing), data cleansing, dashboard creation and task automation is preferred.
- Software / scripting skills are preferred.
- Experience with PowerBI, Python and R is preferred.
- Linux and SQL basics experience is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team