Senior IT Support Engineer - VR/23256
TMM Recruitment is working with a leading integrator of digital hardware, software, and general IT solutions, and services, supporting the requirements of businesses across the UK, Ireland, and Western Europe as they are currently seeking a Senior IT Support Engineer to join their operation based in Aberdeen.
The Senior IT Support Engineer will assist staff and support other internal and external customers in resolving open issues, help customers to achieve success through best-practice guidance and help customers to achieve a high level of satisfaction through their customer support services. The Senior IT Support Engineer should take pride in responding quickly and effectively to all support requirements and take an open approach to helping team members learn from each other. As well as day to day support the team is also required to monitor all systems and respond to alerts generated by these systems appropriately.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring first class service delivery and customer experiences when customers are interacting with the IT Support team.
- Owning and progressing any escalations submitted by the team to completion, notifying the relevant stakeholders of progress and outcomes.
- Proactive service delivery of IT Support services (Patching, Security, Device Utilisation etc.) using data connectors.
- Analysing and troubleshooting issues, providing remote technical support from a 2nd line level to customers across the Print, DaaS, SaaS and IT Support service offerings.
- Providing technical guidance and input to CAB/eCAB approvals.
- Supplier management – working with third party service providers to ensure appropriate services are delivered effectively and within SLAs.
- Working with the helpdesk team to deliver on SLAs, KPIs and strategic objectives.
- Training ticket resolutions to the relevant team to build knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of providing 1st and 2nd line IT Support working in a busy IT Department.
- Windows Server, MS Active Directory - User, Group and OU management.
- Group Policy – create and manage existing Groups.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Microsoft Azure Cloud and Intune/Autopilot management.
- Support for desktop platforms including Windows 7,8 and 10 and MAC Operating Systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware faults.
- Anti-virus solutions.
- VOIP Technologies.
- Remote Support - VPN, Windows Remote Desktop.
- Networking - Working knowledge of networking and routing, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP.
- A working knowledge of virtualization Hyper-V / VMWare.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team