Senior Lawyer - VR/28985
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to find a Senior Lawyer to join their team on an ongoing PAYE contract basis.
Overview job description
Providing a legal and commercial advisory service to the company as well as a Company Secretarial service. Matters which are highly sensitive within the company or where the matter is of interest beyond, highly complex matters where the law may not provide a black or white answer and where legal documentation is frequently complex; matters which may be politically sensitive e.g. seen as high risk or commercially very important to the whole company.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Being responsible for meeting agreed objectives.
- Acting in the best interest of the company at all times.
- Seeking out learning opportunities and transferring new skills and knowledge to the job.
- Proactively seeking advice from and consulting with senior lawyers in the team.
- Adhering to the values and principles of the company Code of Conduct at all times.
- Openly questioning established practices and achieving continuous quality and commercial improvements.
- Willingly and openly sharing knowledge and good practice, providing legal support to all company entities operating in the United Kingdom.
- Actively identifying best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and sharing with other members of the team in a structured manner, for example, by presenting at team meetings and/or preparing briefing notes.
- Developing value awareness and thinking in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
- Adapting creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving by initiating proposals for improvement under the supervision of a senior lawyer in the team or, when considered appropriate by the General Counsel.
- Carrying out research, providing summaries and analysis of legal issues required and/or instructing external counsel to carry out this work when deemed appropriate by the General Counsel.
- Providing legal advice on a portfolio of matters, some of which may be handled over some months, to ensure that all matters are handled professionally and successfully.
- Maintaining a professional awareness of legal developments relevant to the industry and with internal compliance requirements.
- As requested by the General Counsel, assisting in the discharge of the company secretarial function of the Legal Department, preparing documents for the signature of the company’s Managing Director, together with appropriate explanation (e.g. summaries of documents) in support the Company Secretary.
Applicants to this role require
- Law degree in a recognised jurisdiction.
- Fully qualified lawyer in a recognized jurisdiction.
- Experience, including practicing at a senior level as a commercial lawyer, gained in private practice or industry preferably with experience of legal practice as an upstream oil and gas lawyer.
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team