Senior Legal Advisor - VR/21565
Senior Legal Advisor required to join an independent oil and gas operator based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen. You’ll be joining a team of high-performing lawyers who provide legal advice and support to the company’s UK business unit in its E&P activities.
Working closely with colleagues across a range of departments and functions, the Legal Team is responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts to deliver safe reliable operations, transactions, disputes and issues management.
Your role will involve the provision of legal support and advice in respect of the UK business unit’s operated and non-operated activities on the UKCS, as well as providing support to acquisition and divestment projects, including third party disposals.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely and practical legal advice to support the UK business unit’s operations in the UKCS.
- Proactively identifying legal risks and strategies for mitigating those risks.
- Providing legal advice regarding on-going operations, existing contracting arrangements and statutory / regulatory obligations.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of agreements including those in respect of licence application and bidding, joint venture arrangements, transportation and processing, proximity and crossing, product marketing and sales and decommissioning security arrangements.
- Supporting the Business Development Team as required in the acquisition and divestment of assets, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, farm in / out agreements and all associated transfer documentation.
- Supporting the Supply Chain Management Team as required on the tendering and procurement of goods, services and vessels in relation to the UK business unit’s activities.
- Managing disputes arising from the UK business unit’s operations with support, as appropriate, from external legal advisors.
- Understanding and implementing the company’s Global Code of Conduct, incorporating appropriate ABC requirements in contractual arrangements, maintaining an understanding and observance of competition law and trade sanctions requirements and participating in appropriate ethics and compliance training.
- Working closely and collaboratively with many disciplines across the UK business unit at all levels.
- Interfacing with other oil and gas companies, contracting companies, regulatory authorities and external Lawyers.
- Participating in industry forums and working groups as required such as Oil and Gas UK.
- Contributing to and encouraging the sharing of knowledge and best practice within the legal and teams and providing training to juniors as required.
- Keeping updated with legal developments in all areas relevant to the UK business unit.
Applicants to this role should be a Qualified Solicitor, with experience practising at a senior level as a Commercial Lawyer (private practice or in-house). You should have solid upstream oil and gas legal experience, a good understanding of business drivers and a commercial approach to risk management.
Excellent drafting and negotiation skills are essential, as is a flexible, creative and practical approach to legal problem solving within acceptable legal and risk frameworks.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team