Senior Mechanical Engineer (Rotating / Static Equipment) - VR/22552
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. It is predicted to be a long-term ongoing contract position and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The client is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The successful candidate will initially work from home / remotely due to current Covid-19 restrictions, however, the post holder will be based out of the Aberdeen office once restrictions are eased. Occasional travel to Algeria will be required, and there could possibly be travel to other locations as well.
Working as part of the Touat Phase 2 Development Team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will support the development of all project execution related documentation and quality assurance of third party generated documents. Additionally, the post holder will be expected to provide discipline technical expertise through liaising with partners, FEED and EPC contractors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing mechanical input to all project related documents i.e. Terms of reference, scope of work, basis of design, presentations, etc.
- Giving input to technical requirements for mechanical design.
- Supporting the development of any flow assurance modelling / dynamic model.
- Supporting and assuring any stress analysis modelling undertaken.
- Reviewing and commenting on all third-party mechanical engineering deliverables.
- Participating in HAZOPs, HAZIDs and technical reviews, as required.
- Providing static mechanical engineering technical authority support to Algerian business unit.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Master’s / Bachelor’s degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline, is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Experience in both rotating and static mechanical design and operations is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in a gas processing operations environment, with previous North Africa or Middle East-based experience, is a requirement.
- Experience of onshore sour gas processing pipeline infrastructure design is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in brownfield project execution for onshore gas plants is essential.
- Experience of having performed end to end design activities in the delivery of project execution is essential.
- Working knowledge of gas processing rotating equipment is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team