Senior Methods and Performance Engineer - VR/26762
TMM Recruitment are working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to find a Senior Methods and Performance Engineer to join their team ASAP on a contract basis until November 2023 (with the potential of being extended). The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
The Safety, Methods and Performance Team provide support to Drilling and Wells operational teams, wider business teams, and HQ. There is a varied work scope which includes methods, operational data quality, and development of our performance management plan. The Job holder will be responsible for delivering tasks associated with these subjects and will be encouraged to design and implement other performance improvement initiatives both operational and in the office.
- Supporting Drilling and Wells emergency response preparedness through organisation of BOCP and similar emergency response exercises.
- Maintaining oversight of D&W progress against agreed safety and audit plans. Developing and track progress of annual D&W HSE roadmap, including site visits planning. Supporting safety initiatives implemented following trend identification.
- Supporting operational teams to deliver standardised operational documentation (e.g., Bridging Documents, SIMOPS, Technological Risk Assessments, BOCP). Participate in SIMOPS visits as required.
- Supporting the implementation of CR EP FP 431 requirements including but not limited to affiliate performance roadmaps, performance meetings, performance registers, monitoring and reporting against CR KPIs. Influencing and facilitating standardisation and best practice across the various Drilling and Wells Teams, including offshore through regular visits to the rig site.
- Developing tools that provide operational teams with quality performance data to benchmark, analyse and monitor their performance. Helping teams to use the data to identify opportunities to improve. Supporting HQ with digital module evaluation (DRILLX, Cockpit etc.).
- Developing and monitoring KPIs for both onshore and offshore performance management. Ensuring company’s Wellview database contains quality data for use in PMMR and similar dashboards and reports.
- Supporting the company’s Drilling and Wells performance related subjects including CPI performance analysis, CFR, Rushmore submissions, 3C, SQM and contractor performance oversight.
- Providing support on Drilling and Wells software applications and tools and methodologies. Preparing reference materials for Drilling and Wells Teams to ensure standard approach. Supporting company HQ to launch of new tools and applications within the affiliate.
- Key participant in driving Continuous Improvement culture, demonstrating proactive improvements to day-to-day tasks and department processes.
This is an exciting role covering a wide range of subjects. The job holder will play a key role in the performance management efforts of the company’s Drilling and Wells Team and delivering essential operational support to the department. This varied role gives the opportunity to network with the entire Drilling and Wells Team in the company, Asset Teams, HSE personnel, OIMs, Digital Teams, and HQ. Although non-operational the job holder will be an important influence on the efficiency of Drilling and Wells activities, through driving improvements in onshore productivity and offshore performances, aiding reduction in NPT.
- BSc / MSc or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline with considerable experience in Drilling and Wells engineering and operations.
- Creative individual with an enthusiasm for digital applications who can drive change and improvements in how we work.
- Sound working knowledge of the company referential requirements and Wellview database, with a keen eye for detail and data accuracy.
- Effective interpersonal skills with confidence to lead operational discussions with asset personnel both onshore and offshore.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team