Senior Process Engineer - VR/22553
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Process Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. It is predicted to be a long-term ongoing contract position and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The successful candidate will initially work from home / remotely due to current Covid-19 restrictions, however, the post holder will be based out of the Aberdeen office once restrictions are eased. Occasional travel to Algeria will be required, and there could possibly be travel to other locations as well.
Working as part of the Touat Phase 2 Development Team, the Senior Process Engineer will support in the development to FEED ITT documentation for the various scopes to be developed as part of the phase 2 project. Additionally, the post holder will be expected to provide discipline technical expertise through managing and dealing with partners, FEED and EPC contractors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing process input to all project related documents i.e. Terms of reference, scope of work, basis of design, presentations, etc.
- Giving input to technical requirements for process design.
- Supporting development and optimisation of flow assurance modelling / dynamic model.
- Reviewing and commenting on all process deliverables.
- Participating in HAZOPs, HAZIDs and technical reviews, as required.
- Providing technical authority support to Algerian business unit.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Master’s / Bachelor’s degree qualification in Chemical, or Process, Engineering is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Extensive experience in process design and operations within the oil and gas industry, as well as experience within a production operating company position, is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in a gas processing operations environment, with previous North Africa or Middle East-based experience, is a requirement.
- Demonstrable experience in brownfield project execution for onshore gas plants is essential.
- Experience of having performed end to end design activities in delivery of project execution (Concept, FEED, Detailed Design and Start-up Support) is essential.
- Experience in simulation (steady state and dynamic models) and flow assurance analysis of pipeline networks is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team