Senior Process Engineer - VR/22553
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Process Engineer on a contract basis for an oil & gas operator based in Aberdeen. It is predicted to be a long-term ongoing contract position (likely circa 6-7 years) and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and all applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK.
Initially based out of the Aberdeen office, the post holder would initially work from home / remotely due to current Covid-19 restrictions. Thereafter, the job holder would work out of the London office for the first part of the FEED, and then this would likely be followed by another major European city for the second part, depending on contract awards. This role will involve travel to Algeria, and possibly other locations, therefore the company is looking to take on an individual who is highly mobile and is willing to travel.
International experience is essential for this position and the company is looking to take on a candidate who has extensive experience of working on gas plants in either North Africa or the Middle East. The client is not looking to recruit an in-house Process Engineer who is more design-focused – this role is suited to a Process Engineer who has extensive operations-based / on-site experience. Extensive project life-cycle experience is essential and fluency in French would be highly advantageous.
Working as part of the Touat Phase 2 Development team, the Senior Process Engineer will support in the development to FEED ITT documentation for the various scopes to be developed as part of the phase 2 project. Additionally, the post holder will be expected to provide discipline technical expertise through managing and dealing with partners, FEED and EPC contractors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing process input to all project related documents i.e. Terms of reference, scope of work, basis of design, presentations, etc.
- Giving input to technical requirements for process design.
- Supporting development and optimisation of flow assurance modelling / dynamic model.
- Reviewing and commenting on all process deliverables.
- Participating in HAZOPs, HAZIDs and technical reviews, as required.
- Providing technical authority support to Algerian business unit.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Master’s / Bachelor’s degree qualification in Chemical, or Process, Engineering is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Extensive experience in process design and operations within the oil & gas industry, as well as experience within a production operating company position, is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in a gas processing operations environment, with previous North Africa or Middle East-based experience, is a requirement.
- Demonstrable experience in brownfield project execution for onshore gas plants is essential.
- Experience of having performed end to end design activities in the delivery of project execution (Concept, FEED, Detailed Design and Start-up / Commissioning Support) is essential.
- Experience in simulation (steady state and dynamic models) and flow assurance analysis of pipeline networks is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team