Senior Process Engineer - VR/27322
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Process Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It’s a core contract position that will be eligible for annual renewal so it will be a long-term opportunity. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
The Senior Process Engineer will provide process engineering and operational support to the FPSO to achieve the best safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance. This will be achieved by analysing and resolving production issues to achieve timely resolution and minimise production shortfalls.
The Senior Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with Control Room Operators on a daily basis to optimise the plant against current operating constraints.
- Analysing and resolving short term production, process and flow assurance issues utilising appropriate techniques (calculations, simulations and engineering judgement).
- Investigating SECE failures and resolving with Lead Process Engineer or Process TA.
- Initiating and delivering 5-whys for production and environmental investigations and improvements.
- Providing an interface between the Offshore Production Team and onshore stakeholders (environment, metering, subsea).
- In collaboration with the Production Chemistry Team, monitoring the performance of chemical treatments on the asset.
- Creating temporary operating instructions for non-routine operations.
- Updating and maintaining the normal operating procedures.
- Updating and maintaining process critical documents (P&IDs, alarm and trip register, integrity register).
- Reviewing inhibits and non-isolations.
Routine Monitoring and Reporting:
- Carrying out daily PI Processbook / PI Vision monitoring of production critical topsides equipment. Also reviewing wells with the assistance of the Well Performance Engineer as required. Proposing changes, where necessary, to optimise the plant and wells to maintain safe and efficient production.
- Monitoring flare, vent and OIW against environmental permits.
- Leading the weekly production performance review between onshore and offshore production-related disciplines.
- Providing assistance to Environment, Production Chemistry and Hydrocarbon Accounting Teams in the gathering of data required for monthly reporting of emissions and discharges. Ensuring data is accurate and complete, correcting any in a logical and justifiable manner to ensure consents and permits are adhered to.
- Reviewing weekly sand sampling results and identifying threats.
- Annual audits of test results to ensure performance standards are satisfied for ESDVs, SSIVs, PSV and blowdown. This includes sheltering tests to minimise production shortfalls.
Process Engineering and Studies:
- Performing process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline.
- Providing process engineering input to ORAs, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, risk assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Providing process engineering input to commercial and development studies carried out by the Production Optimisation Team.
- Providing process engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
- Providing technical guidance and checking work progress for other team members.
RFM / MoC Process:
- Proposing and justifying modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Driving minor modifications through the RFM / MoC process and ensure input from relevant disciplines.
- Providing support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection Discipline Engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications. Active involvement in the initiation of cases and implementation on site.
Management of Third Party Vendors:
- Managing the interface between third parties and site operations.
- Monitoring progress of third parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
- Generating weekly tanker forecast to ensure threats and opportunities are kept updated and forecasts align with upcoming cargo offloads.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in chemical / process engineering.
- 5-10 years’ engineering experience oil and gas process / production or refining.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Process Engineer type role within the oil and gas industry.
- Offshore experience.
- Good working knowledge of offshore process and production systems, regulatory standards and industry norms and specifications.
- Experience of delivering process calculations (valve sizing, line sizing, thermal analysis, mass balance).
- Experience in assessing process safety risk.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Experience with FPSOs in the North Sea.
- Experience of working with the challenges of a late life asset.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team