Senior Project Engineer – VR/24906
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. It is an initial 3-month contract and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The role will be based across the company’s Aberdeen and Teesside offices. There could be scope for some remote working and it will also involve travel to Contractor / Consultant offices in London and Newcastle.
The Senior Project Engineer will be supporting the strategic investment in a low-carbon (blue) hydrogen production facility at the CATS Terminal on Teesside. Working with the Opportunity Lead, the Senior Project Engineer will work with other consultants to further develop the definition of the project.
The Senior Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of multi-disciplinary (technical, economic, commercial) conceptual and pre-FEED studies into establishing a blue hydrogen production facility on Teesside at the CATS facility.
- Interfacing with, and providing direction to, appointed company Consultants and study providers.
- Promoting open communication and collaboration between all parties to ensure that the project is progressed with minimal disruption and delays.
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending changes to project documents as required by project needs.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Extensive and previous experience of working on major capital projects, within the energy or process sectors, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, is essential.
- Experience of working on long-term projects, with experience of delivering a project, is essential.
- Experience of working on a similar project, and experience of working within the energy transition landscape, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience in contract administration, reporting, risk management, interface management and project assurance.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team