Senior Project Engineer - VR/25432
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
This role would suit an experienced project engineering professional who possesses previous experience of working in a similar role in manufacturing / workshop / service company type environments within the oil and gas industry.
The Senior Project Engineer will oversee projects from concept to completion, whilst maintaining an efficient back-up service to clients.
Reporting on the Project Engineering Team Lead, the Senior Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing high level project engineering technical support to all customers and suppliers, whether during tender, project execution or aftermarket phase of work scope.
- Providing support and assistance to team members as required.
- Driving forward engineering scope on assigned projects and reporting progress to Project team throughout.
- Actively progressing assigned projects from concept to completion where size of project has dictated sole project engineering control.
- Assisting with preparation of quotations for client submission with awareness and input into cost, time and resourcing.
- Preparing, checking and approving drawings, documents, reports, technical notes and calculations - ensuring that they meet the project requirements and technical standards where appropriate.
- Analysing designs by hand calculations and / or FEA.
- Documentation and part number control.
- Design for manufacture - liaising with Production Department during design phase to ensure manufacturability of product and ensure manufacturing method meets project specifications, and is still cost-effective.
- Liaising with the customer, sub-contractors and vendors throughout the duration of each project.
- Possible involvement in the following:
- Attending / leading client and internal design reviews.
- Attending assembly trials.
- Planning and attending testing.
- Attending SIT.
- Attending client interface meetings.
- Translating client requirements into practical terms that can be implemented.
- Providing technical support to the customer and offshore teams during the mobilisation, installation and commissioning phases.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a Service Company / manufacturing / workshop type environment, within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently is essential.
- Previous design engineering / design for manufacturing experience would be preferred.
- Experience of working with offshore wind turbine structures would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team