Senior Reservoir Engineer - VR/26608
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Reservoir Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in central Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company is open to taking on either a PAYE or a Ltd Co contractor.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will take a lead subsurface role in the company’s East Irish Sea Carbon Storage Project Team, delivering reservoir engineering and technical support to the business. This role would suit a candidate who has experience of working on carbon storage projects and experience with reservoir simulation of CO2 is preferable.
Reporting directly to the Development Subsurface Manager, the Senior Reservoir Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assessing the carbon storage capacity of depleted gas reservoirs.
- Undertaking carbon storage reservoir simulation studies.
- Evaluating reservoir fluid dynamics and impact on flow assurance in a carbon storage site.
- Assessing CO2 injection well performance and evaluate carbon storage development concepts and scenarios.
- Providing subsurface and technical input to a mixed discipline technical team including wells and facilities engineering.
- Project managing outsourced subsurface studies.
- Preparing and presenting subsurface material internally and to regulators / authorities.
- Working closely within other subsurface disciplines, and communicating effectively with technical authorities, assets and other appropriate business areas.
- Sharing knowledge within the organisation and mentor / coach within the team.
- Following and supporting safety and environmental policies, guidelines, procedures and an incident free workplace.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification is essential. A master’s degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Reservoir Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience of working directly with an E&P operator and as part of joint venture groups is essential.
- Experience of working within challenging and diverse asset management environments is essential.
- Applicants should have broad subsurface knowledge of the UKCS and previous experience with depleted gas fields would be preferred.
- Experience of working on carbon storage projects, as well as reservoir simulation experience with CO2, would be preferred.
- Experience in carbon capture and storage would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team