Senior Software Engineer - VR/22801
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Software Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be office based where possible under current government guidelines.
The Senior Software Engineer / Application Developer will join the organisation’s expanding team who are responsible for the design, development and support of a broad range of desktop applications. The software is used through the full sequence of recording and logging, storage display, editing and visualisation for the management of subsea survey and inspection information. The right candidate will be a highly motivated and skilled professional with a wealth of experience in software application development. With a degree level qualification in Computing Science, or similar discipline, it is essential that any applicant have extensive experience in C#, for current development and C++ / MFC for understanding of legacy code.
- Software design and development of desktop applications.
- Monitoring and recommending technological developments.
- Bug fixing and feature enhancement.
- Software support.
- Reporting as required by Software Development Manager.
- Maintaining Bug and Feature tracking database.
- Maintaining change log records.
- Maintaining records of all testing.
A degree level qualification in Computing Science or equivalent discipline, (or degree level qualification in Hydrographic Survey or related discipline, followed by subsequent software developer experience) is essential.
- Relevant experience of software application development.
- C# for current software development.
- C++ / MFC to read and understand legacy code.
Desirable experience might include some of the following:
- Relational Databases.
- Graphics for 3D visualisation.
- Digital video recording and playback.
- Survey / GIS/Spatial data-handling, and / or data logging / processing.
- AI for image or data handling.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English (Essential).
- It is essential that the applicant be a team worker and a self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintaining behaviour in compliance with Forum HSE requirements.
- Maintaining responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
- Reporting any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk.
Description of function:
The software is used through the full sequence of recording and logging, storage, display, editing, and visualisation, for the management of sub-sea survey and inspection information. The data handled includes both video and survey data such as bathymetry, vessel and ROV position, motion and attitude data, other survey and inspection sensors, pipeline and platform status data, and so on in a list that is ever expanding.
Founded as a small start-up in 2000 this company has developed into a world leading software provider in the subsea survey and inspection industry. During that time the software has progressed from its early beginnings and now largely uses C#, .Net, various SDKs, graphics and video tools. The company are looking for people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us continue and accelerate this progression.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team