Senior Software Engineer - VR/24091
TMM Recruitment are partnering with a leading provider of specialised services to the marine and energy industries to identify an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join their expanding team in Aberdeen which forms a key part of the rapidly growing business. The company have the rare combination of possessing a rich heritage coupled with an innovative approach to solving technical challenges which has led them to be supplier of choice to customers all over the world.
To provide software engineering design solutions and through life engineering support to the commercial and defence product ranges working as the technical lead for the Software Engineering Team. Workload can vary from creating software for new product design to meet client or internal specifications through to supporting an existing client’s request to upgrade or change software in the field. This includes the maintenance of an extensive library of legacy code. In addition to the technical requirements above the Senior Engineer role also requires a level of management and leadership in order to ensure the team is delivering to meet departmental and company expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing software engineering design input to new products.
- Providing software engineering support to the existing product range.
- Assessing technical queries and provide software engineering solutions to a wide-ranging products portfolio.
- Liaising with internal departments such as Sales, Procurement and Production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances.
- Creating software engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, test plans, reports and manuals.
- Ensuring software engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget.
- Adhering to global engineering end to end process and sub processes.
- Site visits to other company offices and client assets as and when required.
- Maintaining and developing company standards and processes for software version control
- Managing software team on performance, development, allocation / delegation of work, compliance to internal and external standards and regulations as well as day to day management such as approval of holidays, sickness leave and time reporting.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also in isolation when required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Methodical and thorough whilst generating and checking documentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing scope or client demands.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability of tasks and drive to completion.
- Focused on delivering high quality output to tight deadlines and willing to go the extra mile to ensure success is achieved.
- Focused on delivering cost efficient solutions on time and on budget.
- Relevant experience in an industrial software and firmware design environment.
- Extensive experience in embedded software (MPLAB, ST32) development, test and debug.
- Extensive experience with high level development languages – preferably one or more of PowerBASIC, VB, C# and C++, Dynamic C and C.
- Good software development knowledge including version control using Azure DevOps and Agile development techniques.
- Experience with network protocol UDP.
- Experience with serial comms protocols over RS485/232, CAN.
- Experience with SQL server/client data base applications.
- Experience with user interface MVC framework.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with documentation using online Wiki.
- Experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Product design;
- Siemens STEP7 PLC coding would be advantageous;
- Embedded software in safety critical applications;
- Previous diving equipment design experience would be advantageous.
- Software / computer science / electrical / electronic engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Any relevant diving qualifications would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team