Senior / Technical Safety Engineer - VR/25298
TMM Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced Senior / Technical Safety Engineer on a 6 -12-month PAYE contract for an operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen.
The Senior / Technical Safety Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the Technical Safety Lead in support of asset, offshore management and project deliverables to ensure the risks associated with Major Accident Hazards are managed to ALARP and in accordance with relevant statutory provisions.
- Deputising for the role of TA when required.
- MAE / MATTE and HSE Critical Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and the HSES procedures.
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level:
- Liaising between the Asset, Project Teams and the appointed ICP.
- Assisting the OIM and Offshore Management Team in effectively managing the written scheme of examination, its records and any actions identified by the ICP through regular offshore visits.
- Arranging and facilitating regular verification meetings with the ICP.
- Contributing to the development of and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to achieve effective verification within the business.
- Agreeing on priorities for the provision of resources and services for the asset in consultation with the Governance and Assurance Manager and the Asset Team.
- Ensuring that the OIM, Asset Team and Projects are appraised of current regulation, guidance and best practice in this area and encourages workforce understanding of the part effective SECEs play in major accident management.
- Acting as the focal point for day-to-day engagements and correspondence with the ICP.
- Attending the installation on a regular basis to conduct training as may be required by the Asset Team and the OIM.
- Continuously seeking out improvements to the verification process working with the Verifier, Asset and Project Teams.
- Participating in emergency response support as required.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your Manager.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.:
- Must be relevant degree qualified and have extensive UKCS on / offshore industry experience in the role.
- A corporate member of a professional body which requires ongoing CPD.
- Requires previous experience with an ICP or Classification Society.
- Must be Certified for offshore travel.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team