Senior Well Intervention Engineer - VR/28940
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Well Intervention Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
Reporting to the Well Intervention Manager, the Senior Well Intervention Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Strong commitment to HSE while assisting Offshore Supervisors and junior members of the Wells Team.
- Ensuring all regulatory body submissions are prepared on schedule.
- Ensuring timely compliance with the requirements of the Well Examination Scheme.
- Preparing programs, including equipment specification in a timely manner.
- Preparing cost estimates and cost control for well suspension and abandonment activities.
- Awareness of new technologies, and if practical, incorporate those into well suspension and abandonment work programs.
- Evaluating execution and operational performance.
- Ensuring well suspension and abandonment programs, amendments, and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Liaising with Completion, Subsea and Production Teams to ensure well suspension and abandonment work is scheduled accordingly via a plan of work.
- Providing onsite support for well services operations.
- Providing engineering support for completion/drilling operations.
- Providing adequate post-job analysis, ensuring lessons learned are documented and shared.
- Assuring adequate third-party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Ensuring integrity maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner, any integrity anomalies are investigated fully and, if required, a plan of repair advised.
- Occasional offshore trips as and when required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- IWCF Level 4 certification is essential.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Extensive experience with well intervention operations within the UKCS is essential.
- Working knowledge of UK legislation relevant to the wells lifecycle (DCR, SCR2015) is essential.
- Applicants should have an understanding of risk assessment and risk management principles and practices that are applied to wells.
- Applicants should have a strong track record in all well servicing disciplines, including completion design, wireline, open hole/cased hole logging, coil tubing and pumping services.
- Applicants should have experience of managing third-party service providers.
- Experience with the selection of suspension/abandonment equipment, including materials requirements, is essential.
- Experience with both LWI (Light Well Intervention) and rig-based abandonment planning & operations would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team