Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer (FMCG) - VR/17369
Currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a food production company based in Aberdeenshire.
The Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolving machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- Assisting in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring current practices meet, and where possible exceed, Health and Safety and Food Safety standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds or ONC / HNC level - or an equivalent level of extensive experience working as an Engineer within a manufacturing / production environment - is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar hands-on Electrical Maintenance Engineer position within an FMCG environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on Electrical Maintenance Engineer role within the Food Production Industry would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience with food processing equipment would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams and have experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC’s.
- There will be a requirement to work a shift rotation so applicants must be prepared to work shifts. Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineers work an 8 day shift pattern, which involves working 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by 4 consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team