Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (FMCG) - VR/17370
Currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a food production company based in Aberdeenshire.
The Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolving machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- Assisting in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring current practices meet, and where possible exceed, Health and Safety and Food Safety standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds or ONC / HNC level – or an equivalent level of extensive experience working as an Engineer within a manufacturing / production environment – is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar hands-on Mechanical Maintenance Engineer position within an FMCG environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role within the Food Production Industry would be highly desirable.
- Applicants must possess a strong mechanical maintenance background with well-developed analytical fault finding skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience with food processing equipment would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to be proficient in the use of mechanical fitting / fabrication and associated equipment, such as lathes, milling machines and welding equipment (TIG and MIG).
There will be a requirement to work a shift rotation so applicants must be prepared to work shifts. Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineers work an 8 day shift pattern, which involves working 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by 4 consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team