Software Developer - VR/24275
TMM Recruitment is working with a leading engineering and maintenance provider to find a talented Software Engineer to join their team. This is a permanent position has been created to enhance the team due to an increased activity across numerous new projects.
The company is a leading engineering and maintenance provider supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. They enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs. They have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning. This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
The software developer engages in identifying, designing, installing and testing a software system they have built for a company using the appropriate tools and technologies. They will develop internal systems and applications that will help businesses be more efficient.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking ownership of allocated software development sprints in accordance with the requirements documentation across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including development of new features, enhancements, and resolving defects.
- Developing creative solutions to client requirements using innovative and up to date solution development technologies.
- Ensuring a full understanding of client requirements and produce clear, understandable documentation to ensure all clients requirements and expectations are clearly understood.
- Creating software applications using multiple technologies
- Creating and delivering enhancements to existing solutions.
- Communicating and providing regular updates and feedback to the Project Manager and wider Development Team on progress, highlighting issues and proposing appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Producing well organised and documented source code.
- Producing well organised technical design documentation.
- Actively collaborating with the Development Team and wider business to develop, test and maintain applications that meet agreed customer specifications.
- Collaborating and sharing information and knowledge proactively with other Developers to improve knowledge and effectively resolve programming and development issues as they arise.
- Developing user documentation as necessary to support end-user adoption and understanding of the new or enhanced features of the software.
Skill, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of software development platforms.
- Excellent working knowledge of:
Microsoft 365 Enterprise including:
- Power Apps
- Power Automator
- Power BI
- SPFx Development (Web parts & Extensions)
Good working knowledge of any of these would be advantageous:
- Xamarin (Forms)
- SharePoint Designer 2010 - 2013 – Development and Design
- SQL and SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Identity Server
- Responsive Design/Twitter Bootstrap
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- HTML, CSS
Strong understanding of the tools & technologies provided as part of Microsoft 365 Enterprise and related Azure services and experience in using them in a commercial environment.
- Proven ability to work constructively with others in a collaborative environment.
- Organised and a self-starter, requiring minimal supervision of day to day tasks.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate and communicate ideas with the development team to help improve the efficiently of the team and the Company.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring the core values of Quality, Simplicity and Innovation are embedded into all we do.
- Proactively work to establish and maintain a learning mind-set; actively sharing knowledge and expertise with the wider team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team