Software Developer - VR/24378
We are working with a leading provider of engineering services to source a Software Developer.
Our client is looking for:
- Somebody competent at building and maintaining a variety of client software solutions.
- An ability to manage bug identification and fixing as well as being able to execute and report on code reviews.
- Previous experience creating web-apps.
Some exciting features of the job include:
- The opportunity to work on impactful projects within the business.
- Hybrid Working.
- An excellent opportunity to expand your skills in web development.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to as outlined below, the Software Developer will be required to fulfil other duties as required to meet the needs of the business, and any other company within the company portfolio:
- Competent at building and maintaining a variety of client software solutions, including software solutions used throughout the business covering multiple departments and functions, following core principles, practices, architectural and security standards.
- Competent at managing bug identification and fixing, within timescales.
- Executing and reporting on code reviews.
- Competent at creating and managing technical specifications.
- Providing technical input into user requirements.
- Providing technical input into functional specifications.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals.
- Skilled at creating, managing, and delivering testing plans to enable acceptance of developed solutions against specifications.
- Providing technical support/trouble shooting to clients and wider company workforce where required within timescales, and as may be agreed in customer contracts.
- Working to defined project specifications, budgets, and timescales.
- Supporting general tendering and marketing activities, as and when required.
- Evaluating project requirements such as personnel, hardware, and software.
- Providing support to other departments as required, such as tender processes etc.
- Acting as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Able to prepare software scope estimates for both man-hours and other requirements where necessary.
- Reporting on job progress.
- Representing the business at exhibitions and demonstrations where required by Senior Management.
- Complying with relevant codes of conduct.
- Ensuring that all work complies with the Company and Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Reporting any incidents/near misses, hazards, unsafe acts/conditions, or positive behaviour to a responsible person immediately, and participate in incident investigations where required.
- Actively participating in HSE meetings, toolbox talks, risk assessments, HSE audits, and other relevant meetings where required.
- Performing work responsibly, taking account of environmental, social and economic requirements.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle.
- Detailed understanding of full life cycle analysis and documentation, including Terms of Reference, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Testing and Implementation Plans.
- Detailed Understanding of commercial aspects to software development.
- Understanding of design methodologies and principals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology of relevance to GDi.
- Ability to use two or more development languages.
- Detailed understanding of Secure coding practice in line with industry best practice such as OWASP.
- Efficiently utilises Continuous Delivery and DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software.
- Foster positive and effective working relationships with Clients, subcontractors, and suppliers .
- Proficient in various applicable design software systems and Microsoft packages .
- Good interpersonal skills - Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Sound time and resource management skills.
- Cognisant of business requirements and needs and adaptable to changing environment and business requirements.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations.
- Able to travel in UK and abroad, as well as offshore.
Highest – HND / Degree and relevant post qualification experience (but not essential).
Lowest – relevant experience.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team