Software Engineer – VR/22741
Currently recruiting for an experienced Software Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be office based where possible under current government guidelines.
Reporting to the Senior Controls Engineer, the Software Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently and as part of the Repair & Field Services team to develop, maintain and support various software projects.
- Assist the Senior Controls Engineer and manufacturing in Aberdeen with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Advise on software issues and upgrades.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry related codes and standards.
- Perform other assignments as directed by leadership.
- Maintain product and Company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with the testing of manufactured products.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Preferred Bachelor’s or Associate Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experienced in a service based department, where key deliverables are time based.
- Proven track record in oil and gas drilling/manufacturing sector.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to review, debug and optimise existing software projects.
- Strong understanding of networking and communications protocols.
- Proficient understanding of software versioning tools.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment including Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and have an understanding of engineering terminologies.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics.
- An understanding of torque equipment.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environment compliance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering standards including codes and regulations affecting design development.
- Advanced understanding of all phases of field operating and equipment with particular attention to the individuals’ field of expertise.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving skills and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of deadline achievements.
- Team player.
- Customer focused.
- Maintain behaviour in compliance with Forum HSE requirements
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
- Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team