Subsea Superintendent (Operations) - VR/21506
Currently recruiting for an experienced Subsea Superintendent (Operations) on a permanent staff basis for a large, international drilling contractor, based in Tullos, Aberdeen. The Subsea Superintendent will manage subsea support and activities for the company’s offshore drilling units. Although primarily onshore-based, there will be a requirement to work offshore, on occasion, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
The Subsea Superintendent will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers for all subsea equipment and associated activities, offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for all subsea equipment and associated activities, offshore and onshore, in conjunction with the Rig Manager and Subsea Manager.
- Liaising with the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers to provide support for the Operations Department and on-going projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all well control equipment to standards required by the certifying authorities.
- Monitoring the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules, to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Providing written procedures and safety instructions regarding subsea equipment.
- Responding to all documentation, reports and other communications regarding subsea equipment.
- Preparing job packs and budgets for all surveys, modifications and projects.
- Directing all offshore subsea staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner, consistent with current legislation and Company Code of Safe Working Practices.
- Participating in operational and project meetings, as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC qualification is preferred.
- IWCF Well Control certification is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Subsea Superintendent type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with a drilling contractor, is preferred.
- Previous experience of working offshore, as a Subsea Engineer, is essential.
- Previous experience of working with subsea systems is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to read technical drawings and AutoCAD experience is desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team