Supplier Coordinator (Buyer) - VR/28681
A Supplier Coordinator is required on a permanent basis for a provider to the offshore energy sector. The position is well-suited to candidates who have supply chain knowledge and experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding role. The role is based in Kintore with hybrid working available.
As Supplier Coordinator, you will be responsible for the efficient forecasting, planning, and purchasing of all consumables.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing outstanding requisitions, in accordance with KPIs.
- Liaising with business stakeholders, supply chain management and suppliers.
- Coordinating purchase of requirements in line with wanted receipt dates and priority.
- Developing and maintaining commercial awareness.
- Reviewing and resolving items placed in quarantine that have goods receipt discrepancies.
- Understanding component repair requirements.
- Converting requisitions to purchase orders and releasing approved purchase orders.
- Purchasing in accordance with supplier agreements and KPIs.
- Managing outstanding purchase orders whilst expediting internally/externally and reconciling open orders against requirements.
- Resolving invoice discrepancies as required in a timely manner.
- Managing purchasing consistent with warranty agreements.
- Liaising with management to ensure purchasing activity will support planned activity.
- Running shortage report from SAP and reporting and managing data.
- Maintaining awareness and reporting supplier performance.
- Understanding the market and supplier base capability.
- Communicating purchasing data based on performance of part and supplier.
- Identifying trends/issues and reporting them.
- Maintaining sound communication with departments for return of core items.
- Understanding and developing turnaround time with suppliers to improve performance and reduce inventory.
- Avoiding delay in returns and consequent penalties for return of core items.
- Selecting unit exchange/repair where necessary.
- Maintaining visibility of critical information.
- Expediting requirements where necessary.
- Challenging and reporting poor performance.
- Discussing requirements through calls and emails.
- Understanding risk and report issues quickly.
- Reacting to requests for support and information promptly.
Applicants to this role require:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems, supplier management, repair management and Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding role.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to identify risk and deal with issues in an effective manner, and to be capable of dealing with critical issues that occur.
- Able to develop relationships and be organised.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at senior level.
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop internal and external relationships.
- Ability to act proactively and prioritise work with limited supervision.
- Ability to negotiate and influence both internally and with suppliers.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team