Tax Manager – VR/24092
Tax Manager vacancy with energy service company based in Aberdeen. Ideally will suit candidates who are professionally qualified with US tax and GAAP knowledge but will consider candidates qualified by experience with strong working knowledge of corporate tax.
Overview job description
Responsible for providing tax planning support to the region and tax compliance and providing support for local statutory financials and consolidating US parent company reporting. The job functions of this position will encompass approximately 50% planning and 50% tax / financial reporting compliance.
Main duties and responsibilities
Tax research and planning functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing international tax advice regarding structuring of new business, projects, client and supplier agreements.
- Undertaking permanent establishment reviews and making recommendations as needed.
- Assisting with international restructuring planning and implementation.
- Assisting with international acquisitions.
- Keeping abreast new legislation and developing best practices.
Financial reporting functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring, recording and advising on accounting for income and deferred taxes within operating jurisdictions.
- Identifying and evaluating corporate income tax uncertainties.
- Developing and complying with internal controls around tax reporting
Tax compliance functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the company is tax compliant within operating jurisdictions.
- Coordinating tax filings and information requests with third party service providers.
- Managing third party service providers with respect to timelines and fees.
- Facilitating resolution of tax audit exercises within the operational jurisdictions.
- Assisting in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding intercompany transactions.
- Supporting the functional group efforts around various indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, payroll, etc.
Applicants to this role require
- Extensive experience of corporate tax.
- Professional qualification desirable.
- US tax and GAAP knowledge preferred.
- Experience working in a global and cross-functional environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team