Tax Manager - VR/23505
Our client is a leading international drilling company with a long-standing history. With a core focus on valuing people, they are looking to add to their team with a Tax Manager. An excellent chance to progress your career in a supportive environment whilst developing professionally
Overview job description
- The Tax Manager is responsible for the tax advice and planning as well as compliance support and review for overseas operations of the Group.
- Working closely with the Finance business leaders and commercial partners to understand current and future business plans and to provide specialist and commercially focussed tax advice.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility for managing tax issues relating to the German Group and its branches.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with local Finance Managers.
- Review bids and provide tax input into contract pricing.
- Support the Senior Tax Managers and Head of Tax on M&A, transfer pricing and other projects.
- Assist in managing tax audits, providing guidance to local teams and ensuring accurate and appropriate disclosure is made to the tax authorities.
- Review tax returns for allocated entities to ensure technical accuracy and consistency with Group policy (compliance is outsourced).
- Review tax payments.
- Ensure that relevant intercompany agreements are in place to support transactions.
- Support other team members in areas such as year-end accounting, VAT.
Applicants to this role require
- Good accounting skills.
- Understanding of financial implications of tax transactions on the Group’s financial performance and reporting.
- Experience of both UK and international corporate tax.
- Good communicator, strong team ethic and able to deal with a variety of people at different levels, with differing levels of financial awareness.
- Willing to challenge in a robust and professional manner.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team