Technical Sales Engineer - VR/28414
Currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leader in intelligent energy management and storage technologies for the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Working out the of the company’s Bridge of Don office, the successful candidate will work a 36-hour week and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Previous technical sales experience isn’t required – this role would suit an experienced Engineer who is keen to move into this type of role. Previous electrical engineering experience would be very beneficial.
The Technical Sales Engineer will provide expert technical support to the Sales Team and will take an active role in the sale of the company’s products to both existing and new customers. The post holder will create high-quality presentation materials and will pitch solutions to the prospect base. The successful candidate will liaise between front-end Sales and Engineering / Product Management Teams to develop technical solutions that address the requirements of their customers.
Main duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the sales effort with solution-based selling into the prospect account base.
- Managing all technical aspects of RFP / RFI / RTT responses.
- Successfully matching customer ‘Key Issues’ and technical requirements to proposed solutions.
- Creating and delivering presentations.
- Supporting the sales effort to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles.
- Model the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity including managing the creation of CTR’s and project cost calculations.
- Effectively communicating client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements.
- Collecting and documenting competitive intelligence.
- Recording and maintaining client contact data.
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Involvement in contract negotiations to ensure technical compliance of contracts.
- Working closely with the Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure smooth handover to projects after contract sign off.
- Supporting the Project team during execution to ensure continuity between sales and operations.
Applicants to this role require:
- An engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous office-based engineering experience within the North Sea oil and gas / subsea / renewables sectors is essential.
- Applicants should have a solid technical background with hands-on experience in electrical or mechanical engineering. Specific electrical engineering experience would be of particular interest.
- Applicants will be expected to have previous design / project / technical support engineering experience within the oil and gas / subsea / renewables sectors.
- Applicants will be expected to have excellent communication, presentation, and creativity skills.
- Applicants should have the ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team