Tendering Engineer - VR/28343
Join a global leader in the energy industry, with the mission to enhance the performance and drive real change in the sector by constantly challenging conventions, tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges, as well as investing in its employees.
As Tendering Engineer, you’ll manage all commercial aspects of allocated client tenders and budget proposals, including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and managing the tender plan in conjunction with the Tendering Manager and Project Team.
- Arranging key progress and approval meetings with appropriate attendees throughout the tender process.
- Preparing tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phase and ensuring approvals are made in a timely manner.
- Preparing detailed and accurate cost estimates of defined technical solutions, including contingency and risk provisions.
- Ensuring all costs are fully identified, confirmed, and included in the cost estimate.
- Ensuring appropriate tax, currency hedging and cashflow requirements are defined and included for within the cost estimate and/or qualifications, with necessary finance approvals.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and comprehensive clarification register for client and subcontractors.
- Performing appropriate commercial reviews, interfacing with Legal and Contracts for contractual reviews as required.
- Managing internal status reporting on commercial and contractual issues for allocated tenders.
- Defining and managing the procurement plan for the tender and ensure subcontractors and suppliers are managed throughout the tendering phase.
- Proposing procurement strategies to reduce costs and optimise schedules.
- Preparing ITT packages and managing the bid process.
- Resolving commercial positions with subcontractors and suppliers where required.
- Ensuring a proper and timely handover of all relevant commercial and contractual documents to Project Manager following signature of contract.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities.
- Experience of estimating techniques for the oil and gas industry and demonstrable knowledge and experience of estimating tools
- Awareness of standard oil and gas contractual terms and conditions.
- Technical and practical understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and installation methods and techniques as applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrable high level of competence in the discharge of such commercial duties.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience in offshore/subsea related industrial environment.
- Professional or undergraduate degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Business Administration/Management or Purchasing discipline.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team