Trainee Operations Manager (Construction Industry) – VR/24486
With locations throughout Scotland, our client is one the UKs largest home improvement companies with a highly recognisable and established brand that is synonymous with quality. Due to continuous sales growth and an ongoing commitment towards the company’s unique customer service philosophy, they have an opportunity for a Trainee Operations Manager operating from their Aberdeen installations depot.
This role would be ideal for a dynamic and ambitious individual who can complement their leadership ability with a comprehensive technical skillset. With some experience in leadership and change management, the Trainee Operations Manager will support the ongoing development of the brand and assist in a strategy of continuous sales growth by helping deliver on our service philosophy. The majority of time will be spent field based in the Aberdeen area of North East of Scotland.
Key responsibilities for this exciting and fast paced new leadership position include:
- Managing and developing the quality system with a principal focus on technical standards.
- Working with the Design Team to develop new, modern methods of construction.
- Implementing new systems and processes to streamline operational efficiencies, with particular emphasis on the digital strategy.
- Continuously developing the unique customer service philosophy.
- Ongoing management of employee welfare and motivation.
- Commercial management of budgets and financial targets.
- Controlling all safety standards.
The successful candidate will develop into having overall responsibility for managing a large part of the operational division and will report to the Director of Operations. They must be educated to degree level in a relevant construction or engineering discipline and should also have the following skills:
- A comprehensive understanding of engineering or construction.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and innovative.
- Some experience and prior success in hands-on people management
- Sound knowledge of IT systems.
- Ability to work to demanding targets and deliver tangible results.
The company has an unrivalled reputation for excellence in the home improvement market and this is a key appointment to support our ongoing vision for technical and service excellence in support of continued sales growth.
An excellent base salary is negotiable and this will be supplemented by a company car and fuel card including other benefits.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team