Tubular Operator - VR/23588
Our client is looking to recruit a Tubular Operator initially on a 3 month contract with a view to going permanent.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting the Inspector during pre-GRE-Lining connection inspection, tally joints, record liner / joint numbers.
- Carrying out inspection of GRE-Liners prior to tubular insertion.
- Fitting pump caps and checking their serviceability.
- Mixing cement to applicable acceptance criteria, cleaning PLU after cement injection.
- Assisting during the cement injection, specifically manning the ‘Field End’ and adhering to the cement purging and valve shut-off procedure.
- Drifting tubulars after cement injection.
- Washing pump caps and checking their serviceability.
- Painting colour bands and stencilling.
- Assisting the operator during the liner cutting / facing stage, cleaning the connection and connection annulus prior to, but not including ‘End Flange’ gluing.
- Assisting with the liner ID cleaning prior to, but not including final QA Inspection.
- Assisting with the application of grease / make-up compound on connections / couplings, and fitting protectors.
- Assisting with the fitting of couplings on completed joints.
- End drifting competed tubulars after coupling torque-on.
- Assisting with the movement of GRE-Liners, to baskets / stows / containers.
- General housekeeping duties.
Skills / Experience
- Should have a reasonable understanding of wash bay and water blasting activities
- Ideally have experience working with OCTG, premium connections and tubulars.
- Must be able to speak / read / write English.
- The ability to listen, understand and act on instructions.
- Working pattern: 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri 07.00 - 15.30 (30mins lunch).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team