UK Tax Specialist - VR/26468
Seeking a UK Tax Specialist to join our client who are a leading international energy service company. This is a standalone position responsible for overseeing and ensuring compliance with corporate, employment and VAT tax. This role can be down working fully remote, at discretion of individuals and their working preferences.
Overview job description
In this stand-alone position you will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring compliance with corporate, employment and VAT taxation matters for the UK Group of companies. The role will be hands on with the preparation and review of returns or tax packs.
**This role would be suitable for someone looking to enhance their specialism in this stand-alone role within the UK Finance function**
This role can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional trips to Aberdeen required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing the timely and accurate filing of all tax returns for UK group prepared by third party consultants.
- Overseeing outsourced tax working paper preparation and managing any correction measures required with shared services function in India.
- Reviewing RTA and TBBS in respect of UK tax returns for US GAAP purposes.
- VAT processes within the UK group.
- Working with third party consultants to ensure RDEC claim is maximised and quickly monetised.
- Managing the relationship with HMRC alongside educating the wider group on any tax legislative changes and associated impact.
- Managing the response and resolution of tax enquires / audits.
- Complying with transfer pricing regulations and preparing transfer pricing documentation as required.
- Tax support to the UK business.
- Recommending process changes / additions in response to legislative developments. Supporting SAO.
- Working with Western Europe Tax Manager on issues such as CCO, DPT, BRR+ and ad hoc international projects.
Applicants to this role require
- Professional accreditation: ICAS / ACCA / CTA or similar.
- Proven tax experience.
- Strong tax foundation with reporting and compliance experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Can adapt to a fast-paced organisation.
- Exercise initiative to improve accounting routines and financial reporting.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team