Well Integrity Engineer - VR/29045
Currently recruiting for an experienced Well Integrity Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeenshire. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
Reporting to the Well Integrity Technical Authority, the Well Integrity Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding and controlling major risks relating to assigned well stock. Well stock includes both surface and subsea wells.
- Managing Well Integrity (WI) input across the full well life cycle.
- Managing a multi-disciplined approach to WI to optimise safe and efficient production of wells.
- Communicating the relevant WI status and risk assessments to the relevant disciplines, management and stakeholders. Making recommendations on the operation of wells based on risk management and regulatory and policy compliance.
- Using the WI Management System (WIMS) to validate data content and confirm compliance with regular testing schedule. Making recommendations on system improvements and upgrades where appropriate.
- Active integrity management of the well stock, including surface and subsea wells, in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the integrity status of every well, as recorded in the WIMS, is up-to-date and that issues and deficiencies are documented, reported and ultimately resolved.
- Reporting to the Well Integrity TA with any well integrity related issues in consultation with other disciplines as defined in the Well Integrity Manual.
- Carrying out risk assessments and implementing the company's dispensation/MOC process (CCA), where appropriate, for non-compliant/failed well barrier components.
- Monitoring and following up on the remedial plans identified for restoration of well integrity.
- Monitoring routine, and coordinating non-routine, well integrity testing and maintenance ensuring that all relevant data has been collated, documented and uploaded to the WIMS (SafeWells).
- Contributing to deferrals and associated risk assessments raised with regards to planned well integrity testing as required. Creating and loading the dispensation to the WIMS (SafeWells).
- Providing well integrity technical support and liaising, when required, with internal and external stakeholders including OSDR Inspectors, Well Examiners and Partners as required.
- Ensuring timely compliance with the requirements of the Well Examination Scheme.
- Providing a well integrity status, as and when required, to asset Senior Management which will include a progress report and actions on any outstanding issues. This includes regular reporting and latform process safety barrier reviews.
- Maintaining, reviewing and monitoring trends on the integrity status of all assigned active and inactive well stock in combination with the WIMS (SafeWells).
- Actively contributing to the periodic review of the Well Integrity Manual.
- Inputting into the planning process, as appropriate, for well integrity activity to be carried out offshore, both planned and ad-hoc.
- Visiting offshore installations to audit well integrity management and compliance.
- An engineering degree qualification is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- IWCF Level 4 Well Control Certificate is essential.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Well Integrity Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants should have extensive experience with the well construction process, including drilling and completion operations.
- Applicants should be proficient with the associated equipment used for both subsea and surface wells.
- Detailed knowledge of the well lifecycle process and ageing assets is essential.
Risk assessment experience, as well as the ability to lead a risk assessment, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team