Workshop Chargehand (CNC) - VR/28426
TMM Recruitment is looking to recruit a Workshop Chargehand for our client based in Aberdeen on a permanent staff basis.
Responsible for the day to day operation, improvement and optimisation of the production plant and process within the facility. To provide effective leadership, direction of resources, technical support and advice on all aspects of the production process in support of reliable process operations. To perform all work, in line with defined procedures, quality, environmental and health and safety standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring all work is performed in compliance with defined quality procedures, standards and directives.
- Always ensure compliance with the company’s environmental control policies and procedures and statutory regulations.
- Ensuring compliance of the company’s health and safety policies and procedures, safe working practices and statutory regulations at all times.
- Organising the daily and weekly production activities within the department.
- Supervising, leading, and directing the operations Team ensuring optimum efficiency of resources, plant and process, with support from other departments as required, and will have overall responsibility for the Department in support of reliable process operations.
- Ensuring production schedules and set production performance and expenditure targets are achieved.
- Ensuring daily and weekly checks on equipment/machines are carried routinely and any defaults are reported to the Operations Manager.
- Making recommendations as appropriate to the Operations Manager regarding the replacement of plant, machinery, and equipment and of any improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Coaching and developing team members so that skill levels are consistently developed, applied, and maintained across the whole team.
Applicants to this role require
- Job specific skills and competencies of setting up and operating CNC lathes, Knowledge of basic programming desirable but not essential.
- Strong numeracy and literacy are required, and the post-holder must be able to work with both care and accuracy. The job will be physical in nature and will require the person to be fit and trained in manual handling techniques.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and competent in machining large and small complex components.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team