Workshop Lead (Pipe Shop) - VR/25924
We are looking to recruit a Workshop Lead for our manufacturing client based in Dyce on a permanent staff basis.
Assisting the Aftermarket Operations Supervisor to achieve the quality and delivery expectations required from the Weld shops in the manufacture of company products. This needs to be achieved safely and in the most cost-effective manner.
Overview job description
- Managing the utilisation and efficiency of the department.
- Managing and optimising the fabrication equipment, liaising with the Aftermarket Operations Supervisor and reporting any defective equipment.
- Maintaining workshop safety and housekeeping.
- Helping to monitor the department’s NCRs and helping to implement countermeasures to reduce and meet agreed quality KPI’s.
- Communicating the production plan, capabilities of the team and plan those resources so that they are used most effectively to achieve and surpass company targets.
Applicants to this role require
- Experience in GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding), SAW (Sub Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding).
- Experience in angle handheld grinders and semi-automatic abrasive belt grinders.
- Previous experience within Oxygen / acetylene flame cutting equipment.
- Using alignment telescopes.
- Previous experience within a similar role in a Manufacturing environment.
- Previous Supervisory experience.
- Multi coded welding experience.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team