Workshop Manager (Fabrication/ Steelwork) - VR/23498
We are looking to recruit a Workshop Manager for our steelwork manufacturing client based in Insch. This s a permanent staff role starting ASAP. Candidates should have a strong structural steel fabrication background, ideally with time served in a fabrication-related trade and with recent supervisory/managerial experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the Fabrication / Carbon / Exotic Workshops to coordinate job packs from the Projects Team to the shop floor, ensuring each working bay is up to date with current and upcoming projects and managing the prioritisation of each spec.
- Ensuring all processing is running on time throughout the workshop – profiling, drilling, saw etc.
- Ensuring all materials are in each bay for the fabricating teams to allow a constant feed of flow throughout the workshop to allow ease of working and delivery dates are met.
- Monitoring the work throughout each scope to ensure the scope is running to deadline, as per client specifications and support the team throughout transferring knowledge to support the end goal.
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong ability to read fabrication drawings.
- Experience of co-ordinating contract works.
- Good people management skills.
- Approachability with the ability to form strong peer relationships.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- High standard of honesty and integrity.
- A strong work ethic, with good time-keeping.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team