Accountant (Logistics) - VR/28227
Logistics Accountant required for an operator based in Aberdeen on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be part qualified and have an oil and gas background from either a similar role or large oil service organisation. This is a fantastic development opportunity for someone to grow and learn within the role and have access to multiple functions within the organisation. The role offers a competitive benefits package including hybrid working, flexible hours, bonus structure, pension, and subsidised lunch.
Our client have created the new position of Logistics Accountant reporting to the Team Lead – Operations Accounting. The role will to be based in the Aberdeen office on a permanent basis.
The successful incumbent will provide financial support to the logistics area ensuring integrity of associated account balances, their timely analysis and reconciliation. This role will also support the Logistics Team in effective management of their costs.
This role is not full time on logistics and will also have responsibility for the goods received/ inventory received account and ensuring prompt follow up of outstanding issues and the timely analysis and reconciliation of the account. This role may also provide support to other areas of operations accounting such as inventory.
Specific Areas of Accountability
- Being responsible for the monitoring and reporting on +/- £35million of logistics expenditure balances.
- Maintaining the procedures for the allocation of logistics costs.
- Undertaking allocation of logistics costs – PSV pool, helicopter pool, shore base.
- Ensuring logistics is governed within a financially controlled environment in compliance with SOAP6 and CPEL procedures.
- Coordinating and supporting the creation of all budgets involving logistics.
- Working closely with members in the Logistics Team to produce combined monthly logistics.
- Preparing and issuing logistics monthly management reports, outlooks and accrual information including any third party invoices for shared services.
- Seeking opportunities to develop and improve the use of systems to automate and improve processes and reports.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accounts receivable register for logistics related invoices.
- Providing joint venture and contract audit support.
- Good receipts/invoice receipts (GR/IR) account reconciliation, maintenance and clearing as required.
- Providing cover and/or support to other areas in operations accounting.
Who are we looking for?
- Having prior experience working within a joint venture costs and/or logistics environment is a mandatory requirement.
- You will preferably have prior experience in the oil industry within an operations and/or drilling environment.
- Having a degree is preferred but not mandatory if you have prior and demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Being part/qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) is desirable but again not essential.
- You will have strong previous experience working with SAP – the AP module in particular being a mandatory requirement. You will also be able to operate Microsoft office Excel at an intermediate/advanced level.
- Candidates wishing to be considered for this opportunity will have a solutions-focused, can-do attitude to their work, paired with strong communication and teamworking skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team