Accountant - VR/21426
Accountant required to join an offshore drilling contractor on a permanent basis. This newly created role sits within the Operations Accounting Team where you will join an established team of 5 Rig Accountants. Based in the South Side of Aberdeen, you will predominantly be focused on the month-end close process and monthly and quarterly operational performance variance analysis.
Reporting into the Accounting Manager, the Accountant will hold responsibility for the following duties:
- Participating / supporting in the month-end close process, including preparation and recording of journal entries.
- Performing reconciliations.
- Preparing analysis of corporate level operational accounts such as inventory and deferred costs.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly operational analysis for purposes of management reporting.
- Engaging in special projects for management such as implementation of internal financial reporting.
- Supporting effective operation of company internal controls.
- Applying GAAP and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
You will ideally hold a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS) and should be able to analyse financial data. You must be able to work quickly and be able to communicate effectively across business units. Working knowledge or strong understanding of Peoplesoft and Hyperion is preferable. Exposure to, or knowledge of the drilling industry would be advantageous. Approaching work in a methodical manner you should be happy to perform other ad hoc duties are required.
This position offers a competitive salary and the opportunity for you to develop internally within an environment that encourages professional progression.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team