Accountant - VR/24414
Oil and Gas service provider based in the Bridge of Don require an Accountant on a permanent basis. This will suit a candidate who is qualified/part qualified or qualified by experience ideally with a background in the oil and gas industry.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Performing full cycle accounting tasks for assigned regions.
- Posting and reconciling revenue for operations to the general ledger.
- Performing coding and posting of entries to the general ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Performing, reviewing, reconciling and analysing accounts, including bank statements, liability statements and income statements.
- Compiling financial information necessary for preparing financial statements.
- Working in multiple currencies as required by assigned regions.
- Closing month-end and year-end accounts for assigned regions.
- Preparing and reviewing audit schedules for assigned regions and liaison with regional operations and third party auditors to complete audits.
- Effectively communicating with different cultures when requesting information from assigned regions.
- Collaborating with regional operations and accounting personnel and any third party service providers (such as payroll companies) to address accounting issues and completing full cycle accounting tasks.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- 3-5 years’ experience with full cycle accounting and experience applying US GAAP rules to foreign operations accounting.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with using accounting software.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful candidate must have proper documents to work in The United Kingdom.
- Experience with CODA accounting software.
- Experience performing full cycle accounting for company with international operations.
- Experience in the oil field services industry.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team