ANDT Inspection Engineer - VR/28636
Currently recruiting for an experienced ANDT Inspection Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leading engineering and maintenance provider based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. This is an office-based position and hybrid working opportunities will be available. Occasional offshore visits will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The ANDT Inspection Engineer will be responsible for supporting the technical delivery of all ANDT techniques in accordance with company requirements.
The ANDT Inspection Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the effective planning and organisation of ANDT inspection activities, ensuring all ANDT work scopes are delivered efficiently, competently, within budget and in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all ANDT and RRT personnel are suitability trained and competent.
- Managing and supporting the ANDT Site Teams on a day-to-day basis and maintain appropriate and effective interfaces with the client.
- Assisting in preparing inspection proposals, ANDT CTRs and CAPEX requirements.
- Assisting with the reviewing/updating of ANDT technical procedures.
- Assisting with ANDT technical qualification trials.
- Providing technical support to all projects and assisting with client integrity challenges, or technical queries.
- Conducting site visits (onshore and offshore) to supervise, audit and support onsite ANDT/NDT delivery.
- Providing technical support with respect to the development, validation and implementation of new technology, techniques and procedures.
- An HNC (or higher qualification) in an engineering-based subject would be preferred.
- ISO 9712 Level 2 Ultrasonic (UT), Phased Array (PA) and Time-of-Flight Diffraction (TOFD) qualifications are essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of both conventional and advanced NDT methods, covering in-service and newly fabricated products, is essential.
- Applicants should have sound knowledge of the advantages and limitations of conventional and advanced NDT methods.
- Previous experience in the organisation and supervision of inspection/NDT work scopes is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team