Assistant Buyer - VR/23011
Assistant Buyer required to join a reputable organisation, providing a suite of offshore services to the energy industry, on an initial 6-month contract; with a view to become permanent.
In your role as Assistant Buyer, you’ll provide support to the company’s purchasing department with the procurement of products and services. Your remit will include maintaining positive vendor relations, placing and expediting purchase orders and managing inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raising purchase orders with approved suppliers in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Ensuring all materials and services are sourced, priced and supplied to meet the demands of the company.
- Expediting, where necessary, to ensure that suppliers fulfil the purchase orders on time.
- Liaising with colleagues and other departments for requirements, specifications, lead times and potential delays.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is filed and maintained according to company procedures.
- Resolving invoice and vendor queries.
- Supporting inventory management by checking stock levels and placing orders accordingly.
- Supporting business improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Assisting in the receipt of incoming goods and issuing of stock when required.
Applicants to this position should have experience in a similar role. Experience of working within a manufacturing or engineering environment would be beneficial, but is not essential.
You’ll need to be a confident communicator and highly organised, with a strong work ethic and the ability to play an active and effective role in a team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team