Assistant Group Insurance Manager - VR/28377
TMM Recruitment is working with a renowned energy sector focussed engineering and technology company to assist and find a new Assistant Group Insurance Manager on a permanent basis. This role offers flexible, hybrid working conditions, available on both part-time and full-time bases.
It involves supporting the Group General Insurance Manager and Group General Counsel in managing corporate and international insurance functions, including claims management, contract evaluation, and budgeting. Experience of working with brokers, dealing with energy contracts, project management skills, and effective communication are all desirable attributes.
- Providing day to day principal support to the Group General Insurance Manager and Group General Counsel with respect to the corporate and international general insurance function and programme, and aide the function’s delivery and maintenance of the Group’s general insurance coverage in-line with company Insurance Policies and Procedures, business strategy and operational requirements meeting legislative and contractual requirements. Act as a contact point for Group general insurance matters deputising for the Insurance Manager when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and resolving group general insurance claims.
- Evaluating all new customer contracts and JV relationships in the context of general insurance coverage implications and liability exposures.
- Managing external general insurance advisory and underwriting relationships.
- Supporting the placement of all local general insurance programmes where required outside of group policies for each country in which the company operates and in accordance with group insurance policies.
- Supporting the management of the group’s annual general insurance premium budget, providing finance with premium forecasting and allocating general insurance premiums as directed.
- Key support in preparing and, as directed, presenting the group general insurance renewal report to the Risk Management Committee and prepare an equivalent paper for the Audit Committee, in each case on an annual basis.
- Reviewing contractual general insurance conditions and indemnity provisions in tenders, contracts and for new projects, providing SCP category consents and approvals as per Group Authorisation Matrix.
- Providing support and guidance to departments in respect of perceived risks, general insurance requirements, coverage issues, notification of claims and claims handling.
- Taking a day-to-day role in the planning, preparation, and recovery of general insurance claims, liaising with and involving all necessary stakeholders to streamline claims processing; negotiating with brokers, Insurers, and all relevant parties to reach appropriate claim settlement.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of insurance markets, claims handling and risk management gained from an in-house role or with equivalent brokering/underwriting/other insurance industry experience in the energy sectors (but more diverse sectoral experience would be an advantage).
- Possess a detailed knowledge of casualty, asset property and financial insurance classes typical to the nature of the company’s operations and size.
- Accomplished project management skills as evidenced by previous experience in managing complex and sophisticated concepts and principles.
- Strong personal organization and planning skills with an absolute focus on quality.
- Excellent communications skills effective at all levels of the organization linked with the ability to develop creative, practical, compelling solutions to risk.
- A positive and resilient character with a constant focus on delivering to the highest standards, notwithstanding possible challenge.
- Ability to cope with an extensive workload and handle the demands which the role brings.
- A self-starter with the confidence and ability to “run with the ball” with minimal day to day supervision when the need arises.
- Equally able to take from and act upon the direction of a line manager.
- Solid analytical capability to critically review diverse sources of information and data to present insurance strategies/reports, steer complex claims, perform claims analysis, and provide compelling insurance solutions to business operations where cover is required.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Packaging (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
- Education to university degree level in Risk Management, Business, Legal or Finance.
- Experienced in reviewing and qualification of commercial contracts and insurance provisions.
TMM Recruitment INDLEG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team