Assistant IT Manager - VR/22832
TMM Recruitment is exclusively partnering with a large wholesale distribution company on an exciting new permanent opportunity for an experienced IT professional. The nationwide organisation requires an Assistant IT Manager to implement their skills and knowledge in fast-paced and varied environment. Primarily based in the Dundee office the Assistant IT Manager will also be required to travel to sites across the network of branches in north of the UK.
The role will report into the IT Manager and will lead a team of front line Support Analysts. Well-organised and with excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders this role is ideal for someone looking for the next step in their career.
Overview Job Description
- Reporting into the Head of IT.
- Managing a team of skilled frontline IT Support Analysts who deal with all frontline support.
- Responsibility for the company’s IT networks, servers, databases and infrastructure.
- Hours of work: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (40 hours/week).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalation point for technical IT issues.
- Organising and allocating day-to-day team tasks and duties.
- Working closely with and supporting the IT Manager.
- Involvement in a broad range of ongoing IT projects.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including Software Developers regarding business requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- In-depth experience of dealing with a variety of clients and customers.
- Extensive technical knowledge across a breadth of systems and programmes.
- A relevant IT or computing degree is preferable.
- Experience and knowledge of the following is advantageous;
- VM Ware;
- Cisco Systems;
- SQL Databases; and
- eCommerce and eTrading platforms.
- Full UK diving licence is essential.
- Practical approach to problem solving.
- Calm, methodical and composed in pressured situations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to take responsibility in order to quickly and decisively resolve issues.
- Good communication skills in English (written and oral).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team