Business Analyst – VR/23847
TMM Recruitment are partnering with a well-respected local social care charity based in Aberdeen City Centre to find someone who is looking to use their IT and business expertise to really make a difference. This long established institution is looking for a Business Analyst to join the team on a permanent basis to aid their mission to provide the best of care to enable the best of lives; supporting individuals and communities to fulfil their potential.
The organisation, having already embarked on their transformational digital journey and with great strides already made to date, is looking for a self-driven, enthusiastic IT professional to deliver on an exciting programme of work and further help achieve their goals through gaining a deeper understanding of existing processes to find solutions and implement them through effective stakeholder engagement.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to enable change by analysing the processes, defining their needs, and recommending solutions that deliver value to their stakeholders. The Business Analyst will help bridge the gap between IT and the rest of the organisation and ensure they can articulate our needs and the rationale for change, and then help design and describe the solutions that deliver the most value.
You will be a self-driven individual with a get it done mentality, that has a passion for helping organisations solve complex business and technology problems. You will need to be a confident communicator with strong influencing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills, and have worked in a Business Analyst role. This role will suit an individual who is keen to help make a difference and help drive efficiencies in a non-profit organisation.
During current circumstances, there will be some remote working required, with a return to the head office in due course.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding business needs and processes across the organisation.
- Business process modelling and improving business processes, consulting with the business stakeholders to understand and evaluate the impacts of change, documenting as is / to be process models.
- Gathering, identifying, and documenting business requirements using a variety of proven business analysis methodologies.
- Applying appropriate analytical methods and techniques, to shape and define business solutions (e.g. processes and operational changes), documenting them in accordance with agreed format and quality standards.
- Documenting and articulating the impact of proposed solutions on benefits, costs and risks, in order to inform project and business decisions.
- Working effectively with implementation partners to scope, implement, test and deploy solutions to business problems.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change.
- Developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and end users to ensure involvement, engagement and buy-in throughout the programme of change.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training and reference material on the new processes and software systems.
- Assisting in the post go-live support of the systems and ongoing continual improvement.
- Any other task that was reasonable and within the post holder’s capabilities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Good standard of education or relevant experience.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification.
- Any relevant Business Analysis certifications e.g CBAP, BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Business knowledge – broad awareness of all business functions.
- Proven business analyst experience, working on large complex projects, with a track record of successful business change and improvement projects.
- Systems analysis and implementation experience.
- Complex stakeholder management experience, creating effective relationships.
- Dealing with third-party providers and getting the best value from business systems.
- Knowledge of business systems such as Salesforce CRM, HR and Financial packages.
- Third-sector experience.
Key Skills and Aptitudes:
- Excellent oral and written communication and active listening skills.
- Interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Able to use different techniques to elicit and capture business requirements, understanding which are best suited to a particular need.
- Being detailed orientated and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
- Organisational skills.
- Cost benefit analysis.
- Requirements engineering.
- Process modelling.
- General understanding of project methodologies and approaches.
- Innovative and critical thinker.
- Relationship management.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team