Business Analyst - VR/26102
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious Oil and Gas Operators in the North East to source a Business Analyst on a permanent basis. With Proven experience and understanding, and the execution of IS process frameworks and methodologies, the right candidate for this role will have the ability to deliver Agile and Waterfall IS Projects / Improvements.
Purpose of Role
- The Business Analyst works (via the IS Product Lead) with the business as well as functional departments to translate their strategies and needs into value through the effective implementation of IS services.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Working with business to align technology solutions with business goals and capture business requirements and needs to influence project decisions.
- Anticipating and translating business needs / strategies into IS requirements and source IS services to meet current and future requirements.
- Delivering customer journeys and define user requirements during project definition process.
- Promoting an understanding of IS roles, processes, and activities to the business, as well as acts as a marketer and communicator of IS services and capabilities.
- Understanding and demonstrating to the business the value of proposed services and promotes usability standards.
- Collaborating with the customer to identify future demand, agreeing value proposition, timescales, and priorities.
- Performing pro-active analysis of business processes to highlight and achieve buy-in from business stakeholders.
- Leading formal and informal business engagement activities to provide a forum for mutual exchange of information.
- Performing analytical activities, such as business case development, benefit realisation, process mapping and service improvements.
- Liaising with other IS service groups to ensure timely communications of IS and key business events that may interrupt day to day operations.
- Consulting with vendors and industry groups to understand potential future opportunities.
- Supporting the handover of projects to operations support, as appropriate.
- Working with minimal supervision, using clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Facilitating the use of performance metrics to improve output.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc
- ITIL foundation as a minimum or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience and understanding, and the execution of IS process frameworks and methodologies.
- Experiences in delivering Agile and Waterfall IS Projects / Improvements.
- Exposure to SAP, PI, Energy Components, Business Objects, SAP BI, SmartPlant EDW, Landmark, Schlumberger and other significant E&P applications.
- Organisational change management experience.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Business Process Management and exposure to holding BPM workshops as part of requirement's identification.
- Previous IS oil and gas experience.
- Strong communications and networking skills.
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant problem solver.
- Enthusiastic with a questioning and challenging attitude.
- Strong analytical, planning and organisation competency.
- Ability to make rational decisions under pressure.
- Proven ability to build and maintain key business relationships.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Awareness of HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS).
- Awareness of the business's Values & Business Principles.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team