Business Applications Specialist - VR/23534
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry on a permanent staff contract as a Business Applications Specialist. This role is part of the Corporate IT Team and has a global remit. The position is based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, but as an organisation a hybrid working pattern of three days in the office and two working from home is offered.
The company uses a wide range of Business Applications in support of the delivery of large-scale subsea projects to their clients. These include project planning, project estimating and cost management, document control, customer relationship management and crewing solutions. They have recently undertaken a significant technology investment program with the objective of delivering a truly digital platform for project delivery.
The role of Business Application Specialist is to provide a second level support to these applications, working directly with users to understand their requirements / issues and liaising with the software providers for fixes and upgrades. This will require a good understanding of the technical architecture of the application and the associated business processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing Level-2 Support for the allocated applications.
- Monitoring and managing assigned incidents and tasks in ServiceNow.
- Working closely with third party support providers and software vendors to deliver robust and 'fit for purpose' solutions, manage incidents and co-ordinate change request and upgrades.
- Coordinating testing of all configuration changes made to applications and the supporting IT infrastructure.
- Monitoring the overall health of critical applications and their supporting infrastructure.
- Reporting infrastructure issues to the relevant Technical Support Team for resolution.
- Supporting application users via a network of super users.
- Maintaining the integrity of the development, test and production environments associated with each application.
- Participating in system audits and manage regular system monitoring.
- Operating within the Code of Conduct.
- Operating according to company Management Principles.
- Supporting standards and procedures for the IT Function.
Key Relationships/ Stakeholders
- External - Key IT Partners; Industry peers.
- Internal - Other IT colleagues across the full range of disciplines; Business users and key functional stakeholders.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Professional qualifications: Candidate should be degree qualified in IT, or have equivalent work experience.
- Experience in application support including incident and change management.
- Customer focussed service delivery skills, based on ITIL standards.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Understanding of the underlying IT infrastructure required to support and enable effective use of software applications. Key skill areas include application deployment on Cloud Infrastructure (Microsoft Azure), Microsoft Windows Server, Windows desktop, application packaging and deployment, multi-tier application configuration (web, application and database servers), Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in working in an agile project methodology and using Azure DevOps for task management.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of documentation, e.g. technical / development specifications, configuration rationale, test cases.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
- Presents self in a professional manner and works well under pressure.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team