Business Systems Team Lead - VR/28086
This Business Systems Team Leader vacancy with a specialist engineering organisation is a tremendous opportunity for anyone looking to build on their IT systems expertise whilst guiding and leading a team. In-depth knowledge of major ERP systems and the interpersonal skills to excel in a supervisory role are key.
If you are interested in continuing your personal development in a challenging and supportive environment – with a superb work/life balance on offer - this could be the ideal next step in your career. Please give us a call.
- Acting as escalation point for Business Systems Team and providing guidance and support to members of the team when required.
- Co-ordinating the full lifecycle of IT project, responsible for project planning, execution and managing constraints such as scope, time and cost using proven, industry standard principles/techniques.
- Ensuring business system support requests are attended to and are completed within SLAs and that the IT service management system is updated with the latest information and statuses.
- Ensuring compliance with the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Security Policy.
- Working with Cyber Security Team ensuring business applications and data are protected.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Organising
- Ensuring projects are well planned and prioritised ensuring minimal disruption to the business.
- Creating clear and concise project documentation in an organised manner including risks and issues logs and regular project updates.
- Leading the 5-year business systems project plan for new and replacement systems, as agreed with management, ensuring delivery is on time and to budget and highlighting any risks.
- Ensuring all IT projects follow a consistent framework using standardised processes and tools.
- Ensuring all project stakeholders are identified and communicated to effectively.
- Ensuring projects dashboard is updated regularly and provide comprehensive updates on all project work to IT management.
Technical / Operations
- Ensuring excellent customer service is delivered throughout the global business.
- Developing and managing solid working relationships with SMEs.
- In accordance with industry recognised methodologies, assisting team with business requirements analysis and make recommendations for improvements to new/current business systems/applications.
- Working effectively with third party vendors to source and implementing application solutions.
- Ensuring documented procedures for support handover are provided.
- Ensuring business systems calls logged via the IT service desk are managed and actioned appropriately.
- Providing support for business systems and applications when required, escalating as necessary and ensuring resolution in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring training material for new solutions is provided.
- Ensuring regular licence reviews are completed and any compliance risks are addressed.
- Assisting with any customer, financial and IT audits.
- Working closely with Infrastructure Team Lead on major IT initiatives and improvements
- Ensuring changes are always recorded using the change management process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team/end users and third party vendors.
- Ensure administration duties are carried out effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively within the department and provide support and assistance to other staff/suppliers where appropriate.
- Delivers on commitments and promises.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies.
- Actively highlight any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of our people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- No financial or budget responsibility, but an awareness of the financial impact of actions carried out is required.
- Work within the project budget constraints ensuring any potential overspend is highlighted to stakeholders.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting technique and problem solver.
- Ability to organise work for self while balancing changing priorities.
- Well-developed analytical and project co-ordination skills.
- Self-starter and fast learner - able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to meet strict project deadlines.
- Working knowledge of on-premises systems and associated off premise cloud applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build sound and sustainable relationships within the team, business and supply chain vendors.
- Experience with major ERP systems including Oracle Cloud systems and IBM Maximo.
- Degree / HND in computer related subject.
- Prince 2 Methodology preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team