Buyer - VR/22061
Buyer required to join an independent upstream oil and gas company (E&P), based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen. This is a contract assignment initially until December 2021
Reporting to the SCM Operations Lead, your main remit as Buyer will be to undertake accurate, timely and cost-efficient delivery of procurement activities to support business delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, verifying and executing purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Minimising occurrences of negative business impacts such as stock-outs, hot-shots and the like by providing appropriate support including into asset planning process.
- Verifying and challenging as appropriate specifications, quantities, vendors, delivery times, quoted rates, terms of purchase.
- Pro-actively seeking, realising and reporting value opportunities during the P2P cycle. Competitively bidding and negotiating where appropriate. Seeking and progressing opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supporting development of Buying best practice in the UK Business Unit and the education of the user and supplier groups.
- Supporting development of a suite of tools, systems and processes to ensure best practice is established and maintained and occurrences of maverick procurement activity are minimised.
- Timely liaison with materials and logistics personnel regarding delivery and receipt of materials and equipment.
- Ensuring understanding, application and leadership by example of all responsibilities with regard to the UK Business Unit’s procurement policy, processes and procedures.
Applicants to this role should offer relevant procurement experience with an oil and gas operator as well as utilising a P2P system and the full P2P cycle. Experience of Maximo as a buying tool is preferred.
You should have excellent communication skills, the ability to maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and be capable of managing a busy workload.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team