Buyer - VR/22297
An opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a reputable organisation and leader in their field. This role is initially offered on a temporary basis but has the potential to become permanent in future.
Reporting to the Group Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement of required goods and services; fulfilling the specification, quality and delivery requirements whilst ensuring competitive pricing.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing suppliers suitable for current and potential future requirements; developing strong working relationships.
- Negotiating the best possible price whilst ensuring vendors can arrange accurate and timely delivery.
- Expediting orders to ensure that all promised delivery times from approved vendors are monitored and met.
- Monitoring existing purchasing procedures to ensure that the procurement process is effective and identify any procedural improvements.
- Processing requisitions, RFQ’s, quotes and the issue of Purchase Orders to suppliers.
- Use of NAVISION Requisition and Purchasing Module.
- Issuing Purchase Orders to selected vendor and distributing copies internally.
- Project buying as required and assigned by the GSCM.
- Updating the approved vendor list (AVL) with all new suppliers.
- Monitoring vendor performance, quality, delivery, etc.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience of working in a similar Purchasing / Procurement role, ideally within the oil and gas industry. You should be highly organised and comfortable when working under pressure to fulfil deadlines. Excellent communications skills and administrative skills are essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team