Buyer - VR/22985
12-month contract opportunity for a Buyer to work for a leading international, independent E&P company in central Aberdeen.
In your role as Buyer, you’ll manage the procurement interface with Contractors, Suppliers, Consultants and Company. You’ll also monitor the procurement activities of contractor for long-lead materials as required, as well as coordinating activities to ensure that critical goods and services are delivered to meet business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and purchasing materials and services in the most efficient and cost method, in accordance with company processes and procedures, ensuring that Purchase Orders contain correct rates and relevant contract terms.
- Ensuring that the purchasing process follows a fully auditable trail.
- Assisting with invoice queries, monitoring the blocked invoice reports and reacting to outstanding invoice approvals.
- Expediting purchased materials.
- Identifying alternative sources of supply as needed.
- Maintaining good housekeeping of the ERP procurement system.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role, ideally within the UK oil and gas industry. You’ll need to be competent in the use of ERP systems (SAP / Maximo or similar). Demonstrable experience of managing pre-qualification and request for quotation processes is required, as is experience of managing internal and external (supplier) relationships.
Excellent communication skills and a high degree diligence is essential, as well as the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team