Buyer - VR/23338
12-month contract vacancy with an independent E&P company based in Aberdeen.
In your role as Buyer, you’ll be responsible for supporting the business in ensuring the delivery of high-quality Purchase Orders with vendors. You’ll also be tasked with supporting continuous process improvements and operational efficiency/productivity gains in the Procurement function, as well as acting as the first escalation point for local supplier issues and ensuring local stakeholders are appropriately trained on Procurement tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in full compliance with the company Buying policy, educating and driving the correct behaviours of business stakeholders.
- Building effective stakeholder relationships across all company locations, ensuring high service levels are maintained.
- Managing relationships with internal customers; positively influence spending decisions, analysing and making recommendations to the business
- Understanding the business needs and validating the requirements are justified.
- Ensuring availability of all goods and services - proactively supporting business owners to ensure equipment, consumable and services are available to meet agreed timescales.
- Executing Purchase Orders, including full tracking up to delivery on site.
- Identifying opportunities for savings and partnering with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals.
Applicants to this position should have experience in a similar role. Working knowledge of SAP is essential.
You’ll need a good understanding of procurement processes, theory and best practice. Experience of the oil and gas industry is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team