Buyer - VR/25760
Join a global manufacturing and supply chain organisation as a Buyer. This company is a subsidiary of a multinational corporation providing services and equipment to the energy industry.
In your role as Buyer, you’ll report to the Procurement & Shipping Manager and will be responsible for sourcing and planning materials and components in support of the manufacturing production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing daily procurement transactions by managing requisitions, purchase orders, change orders and supplier validation.
- Ensuring stock levels are proactively managed in conjunction with the Planning Department.
- Proactively monitoring supplier performance and developing vendors to improve on-time delivery, product quality and reduce lead-times.
- Managing direct spend to preferred suppliers while documenting exceptions and escalating as needed.
- Expediting late Purchase Orders. Liaising closely with the Planning Department for all items that will not meet the requirements of the production schedule and providing solutions as necessary.
- Analysing and recommending cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Proactively challenging and supporting vendors to identify and deliver improvements.
- Managing the resolution of invoices pending payment in a timely manner, by performing detailed analysis to identify root cause of issue prohibiting invoice payment.
- Assisting inventory control, when required, with any queries in goods receiving.
- Undertaking vendor analysis and selection along with identifying and establishing supply agreements to the benefit the organisation.
- Identifying risks in the current equipment supply chain and put in place solutions to eliminate or mitigate these risks.
- Supporting the Engineering Team on product changes and new product introductions that impact the manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Delivering vendor cost savings in line with set objectives.
- Updating procedures, work instructions and manuals as per requirements.
Applicants to this position should be highly motivated, proactive, organised and possess a good working knowledge of supply chain scheduling and manufacturing processes.
Good IT and analytical skills are essential, including high numerical capabilities to ensure the delivery of key business objectives. Having the necessary skills and capacity to meet a demanding customer delivery schedule, is key to the success of this role.
Essential skills / experience:
- Knowledge of purchasing from machine and fabrication suppliers
- Experience from a manufacturing environment, inventory management, or planning environment.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications.
Desirable skills / experience / qualifications:
- CIPS Qualification.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or related discipline.
- Knowledge of lean and operational excellence.
- Experience in presenting to cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA.
- Continuous improvement techniques.
- ERP knowledge such as Sage and Oracle.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team